FROSIO NEXT is the only Italian partner of the HYPOSO project, a prestigious project aimed to support the European hydropower industry in Africa and Latin America.
THE GOALS OF HYPOSO
The HYPOSO Project (Hydropower solutions for developing and emerging countries), funded under the H2020 program, aims at supporting the European hydropower industry while at the same time fostering a sustainable development in selected target countries in Africa and Latin America. FROSIO NEXT works together with other 12 partners from Europe, Africa and Latin America to achieve these ambitious objectives.
THE IMPORTANCE OF A STRUCTURED AND SHARED PROJECT
The overall objective of the HYPOSO project is to support the European hydropower industry in selected target countries (Bolivia, Cameroon, Colombia, Ecuador and Uganda) while at the same time fostering a sustainable development in selected target countries in Africa and Latin America.
The HYPOSO objectives will be achieved by a combination of tools and activities:
• framework analyses with regard to small hydropower up to 10 MW for the selected target countries;
• mapping of more than 2,000 potential hydropower sites in the target countries with a geo information system (GIS) mapping tool;
• development of a Knowledge and Capacity Development (KCD) tool for capacity building of local stakeholders (i.e. hydropower professionals – young and senior, political deciders);
• elaboration of 15 dedicated business case studies of SHP projects (three in each of the five target countries);
• creation of a comprehensive web-based information hub for both, the European hydropower industry and stakeholders in the target countries.